Three cities offer three different but equally attractive Christmas markets: in Bressanone/Brixen can be found 35 exhibitors offering handmade products and specialities; in Vipiteno/Sterzing the mining tradition lives on; while Chiusa/Klausen goes back several centuries to the Christmas of medieval times, with jugglers and fire-eaters to be seen. Whether skiing amidst Dolomite panoramas or sipping mulled wine in the cinnamon-scented Christmas atmosphere, winter in the Valle Isarco is a sugar-coated and charming experience.
The ski areas of the Valle Isarco
- Plose: 27.4 km of slopes of all degrees of difficulty with the longest descent in South Tyrol (9 km), 7 ski lifts, great routes for snowshoe walkers, the longest toboggan run in South Tyrol (10.5 km), 4 cross-country ski trails totalling 23.5 km, funpark and refreshments at the Plosestodl, the Pfanspitz and Plose huts
- Gitschberg-Jochtal: 51 km of sunny slopes of all degrees of difficulty, 16 ski lifts, ski school, snowpark, natural toboggan run through the forest, “Bambino Club” for kids, several eateries
- Ratschings-Jaufen: 25 km of slopes, 8 ski lifts, kids’ play area at the top station and 5 km family-friendly toboggan run, 16 km cross-country ski trail, funpark and ski kindergarten
- Ladurns: 14.9 km of slopes of differing degrees of difficulty, 3 ski lifts, short snow slope for kids, 2 cross-country ski trails, 6.5 km toboggan run, Fichti’s play area for kids, ski school, refreshments in the rustic Ladurner Hut
- Monte Cavallo: 17.3 km of perfectly groomed pistes, 3 ski lifts, 5 km for ski touring, cross-country ski trails, floodlit toboggan run, ski school and ski kindergarten, several eateries